Friday, August 20, 2010

the marriage factory.

I go to Harding... aka "The Marriage Factory."
I have just moved in with two girls who are newly engaged. Woo. This is going to be one interesting semester for one who is currently single, and will probably maintain this status for a long while. This is my first night with both of them... I'm not quite sure where my roommate is, but like she would be any help in distracting me from the wedding planning in the next room.
First thing they did when they saw each other was compare rings, which then led to when/where/what colors/who are the bridesmaids&groomsmen/"oh my goodness he did good!" I know I sound bitter when I talk about this kind of stuff, but really its because I'm single. And what's worse is I know what I currently want... its just being patient and waiting for the relationship to go somewhere is frustrating me.
I feel like a little girl when I over hear their planning. It gets me thinking, if I were in their shoes what would I do? And in all of the time that I've had to think I am pretty sure I know what I want my wedding to look like and kind of where I want it. Weird considering I'm single. I've caught myself talking about this kind of stuff with some of my closest friends... which, again, is weird considering we are single.
Its fun when I have so many people around me that are engaged because I get to hear their ideas and such and get excited with them that they are getting married, but this is going into a down hill slump fast. Ugh, when is my turn? :( haha. I know I'm such a baby. Patience, Neely!! One day God will put someone in your life that will sweep you off your feet and treat you wonderfully and you will be happy and have married fights over adult things and you will be content. I think that's just want I want right now is to be content. I'm not content at all, I'm always ready for the next thing to happen. Ready to jump the gun. I think that's part of the reason I can't hold a relationship for more that like, a month, or 2 months... Guys don't want a girl that already knows what she wants and when she wants it. Guys like to make the calls. But why don't they step up to the plate and do something about it? Ugh! Frustrating.
I want to be pursued. I want a guy to work hard to get me. I want him to start conversations and to want to learn new things about me. I want someone that gives me butterflies and make my heart smile. I feel like I found someone that does that, that makes me feel content, but low and behold he doesn't seem to want to pursue me. It kind of breaks my heart a little.

Well, I guess I'm done rambling for the night. Hope you enjoyed some insight into my brain.

No comments: